New Product, New Challenging
our current project has many SAP Product which will be integrated as unity, especially document content for particular SAP ERP – SRM system. we must integrate among SAP product, like SAP SRM will use SAP Portal for Shopping chart FrontEnd, on other side we run SAP MDM Server as Product Catalog Content Management.
Every SRM transaction need to upload their document (PO, etc) through SAP Portal and will be stored at OpenText, here we have new product will handle document content as well as every ERP transaction need integrate with OpenText for storing document needed during business transaction, those are process will be executed by standard SAP transaction code (we called it pass through BusinessObject each standard transaction code)
and, as SAP Administrator, we need fulfill any prerequisites before we could use these unity.
here, for SAP ERP environments need to have add-on installed :
- OpenText Document Access and Archiving for SAP Solutions Basic (OTEXBAS) – mandatory
- OpenText Document Access and Archiving for SAP Solutions ERP Component (OTEXERP) – optional
- OpenText ECMLink for SAP Solutions (OTEXRL)
for SRM environment need to have add-on installed :
- OpenText Document Access and Archiving for SAP Solutions Basic (OTEXBAS) – mandator
- OpenText ECMLink for SAP Solutions SAP SRM Add-on (OTEXRLS)
make sure you get latest version from service.sap.com/swdc, current latest version was OT 10.5.0, during the installation administrator account is required to log on to client 000 and performs transaction SAINT/SPAM, eventually need password during execution (password written down at documentation)
before applied Add-on, make sure you have minimum level SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS is 16 or higher.
do not forget, you have to do post-installation after installed it or upgraded it.